Sunday, May 4, 2008

Seriously, It's Just Chapstick

Through my many concert experiences a first happened on Thursday night at Saltair for The Used concert. Me, Stacie, Erin and Jen all walked into the concert with the same basic concert gear: ticket, money, ID, cell phone, earplugs and chapstick (or lipgloss). Now this last item is almost as important as the ticket since after you have been screaming for a while you need it so your lips don't crack. Trust me it's important.

As we are going through security the man-ish woman who was doing the customary pat-down asked me if I had any chapstick and of course like an idiot I said yes....stupid! She grabs it out of my hand and tosses it into the trash. Aghhh! That was an $8 tube of lip balm you ninny. Now looking at this "woman", I'm thinking she doesn't care since clearly she has not spent a dime on any beauty products for herself. As I walked stunned into the venue I turn around to see the same expression of dismay on Jen, Stacie and Erin's faces. Who new that Saltair was the next target for a terrorist attack? Since the darn place has burned down twice I think the bigger issue is lighters and matches. This seems to be more of a threat then a tube of chapstick.

1 comment:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Maybe next time you should hide your chapstick in your shoe or bra! That is silly what can some one do with Chapsitck? make everyones lips nice kissable? who knows.