Well, all I can say is that Stone Temple Pilots (STP) delivered a powerhouse performance. It was like stepping into a greatest hits CD. Of course they hit all the STP favorites Creep, Interstate LoveSong, Vasoline and my personal favorite Plush. This song went on forever and it totally rocked the house.
And ohhhh, Scott Weiland...he was completely captivating and met all of my expectations of his live performance. While I'm not a fan of rockers in tight pants, Weiland was able to pull this off. Many years of heroine abuse has
helped him keep a trim figure. Even at 40, he is still hot. He has some awesome tattoos but is no match for Chester Bennington. The most enjoyable thing about watching Weiland was his dancing. It was a strange mixture of drunken man dancing yet in control. He must have the most defined thighs. Unfortunately, we did not get to see this as the removal of clothing stooped at the shirt...dang it!
helped him keep a trim figure. Even at 40, he is still hot. He has some awesome tattoos but is no match for Chester Bennington. The most enjoyable thing about watching Weiland was his dancing. It was a strange mixture of drunken man dancing yet in control. He must have the most defined thighs. Unfortunately, we did not get to see this as the removal of clothing stooped at the shirt...dang it!Every concert has a certain feel to the crowd. I have experienced the uber-nice crowd (Michael Buble) and the pushing/punching variety (The Used). Well this was most definitely the drunk crowd. As the beer flowed the woman standing behind us was not satisfied with mine and Stacie's dancing. She began smacking us on the butt and saying "Dance". Then at one point she leaned over putting her arms around Stacie and myself swaying back and forth. With her hand on my boob she began to serenaded me with "Plush". Needless to say this was a lovely experience.
Amid the butt slapping and other inappropriate touching, Stacie pointed out that I was now standing in a pool of beer. At this point I had two thoughts :
1. Man, I really hope that's beer because this guy behind me has had a lot to drink and has not been to the bathroom.
2. I'm so glad I'm not wearing open-toed shoes like the woman standing next to me. haha
As STP continued on their awesome musical journey. There was a whiff of cigarette smoke soon followed by the smell of pot. Great, bring on the contact high. This only accelerated the 2 man mosh pit forming in front of us, that by the end of the concert had turned into 4 idiots punching each other. (Jen, I needed you there with your rocker ring to punch a few people.)
All in all we had a great time and would recommend seeing STP live just for Weiland's dancing. For more information about the concert see Stacie's Blog.
7 comments:
Wow, in one night you got high and got to second base no wonder you came in a little late this morning "those sweet few seconds before I realize why I slept on the front lawn" Homer Simpsons.
I just don't understand...you are the only two people who get touched at concerts. I will have to go and see this in person. Maybe with my "don't touch me I will kill you" feeling it will ward off the drunken fools.
Your experience reminded me of a Catherine Wheel show I went to years ago. Only there was money being collected...
hahaha! I hope it wasn't pee, but it sounds like it might have been and you may never know!
did she at least buy you dinner? If Bryan wants to touch my butt and boobs I make him buy me dinner.
Me too, Bryan never touches my butt and boobs without some kind of compensation!
aaaaahhhhhhhhhh no,
Post a Comment