While at the movie theater a few weeks ago, I noticed something that greatly disturbed me... the next generation. Teenagers to be exact. This motley bunch of ragging hormones frightened me to the point that I had to snap a few shots and share them with you. The new fashion statements in the teen world have me a bit puzzled. The girls look like boys, the boys look like girls. Have we become a society where gender roles are so obscure that no one knows how to dress themselves anymore?

First case in point. The picture is of a girl. That's right I said a girl. First of all I thought that the baggy pants look was a thing of the past, unless you were wearing a sports jersey and being arraigned for a misdemeanor. I was hoping that the advances in jean technology had made it obsolete for this look to even be possible. What I want to know is that if this look is making a comeback, are the girls the ones consigned to sport this underwear sharing fashion? I didn't care to see the guys underwear and I certainly don't want to see the girls. But at least this girl was not wearing a thong.
The next fashion police moment absolutely amazed me. This awesome sight of matching skinny fit, checkerboard pants. I
ask you is this really a good look for anyone? The answer is NO!
ask you is this really a good look for anyone? The answer is NO! Where are these girls parents? Looking back on my adolescence I am grateful for my
mother and the fact that there were a few outfits she refused to purchase. And there were times when she required me to change before leaving the house. I'm sure this would have saved me from be photographed if camera phones would have been around. Heck, cell phones in general (I'm so old).
mother and the fact that there were a few outfits she refused to purchase. And there were times when she required me to change before leaving the house. I'm sure this would have saved me from be photographed if camera phones would have been around. Heck, cell phones in general (I'm so old). In this one you cannot see his pants too well but they are a black and purple checkerboard pattern much like the girls above. And my guess here is this guy is shopping at the same store as the girls. At this point I'm not sure who to blame, the idiot that designed this fashion statement or the dummies who wasted their money. Does this guy really think this is a look that the girls will think "Wow, he's cute". Tight pants and a baggy shirt is never a look to be proud of.
Let's just hope these outfits are a fad and will be gone in no time. Of course what may be lurking around the corner are the enormous shoulder pads and high hair of the 80's. Can't we learn from history instead of repeating it?
Let's just hope these outfits are a fad and will be gone in no time. Of course what may be lurking around the corner are the enormous shoulder pads and high hair of the 80's. Can't we learn from history instead of repeating it?

4 comments:
classic early 90's skater checker pants!! truly ugly I agree some fashion trends need to just stay dead.
then again this is comming from some one that wears jeans and t-shirts. no fashion diva in these bones! I always remind Bryan just how lucky he is!
What is with the checkered pants...did you see the ugly kid at Lagoon in them? And not to be rude...but he was kind of a bigger kid...not really a good thing. This is another reason why I cannot conform to having kids...they will grow up to be teenagers wearing checkered pants that are tighter than my pants and baggy ugly t-shirts with stupid things on them like "You Shook Me All Night Long" with a guitar...not really knowing what song that came from or who sang it. They are just wearing it to be funny...lame. I can't have teenagers sorry folks...
What about the neon shoelaces, those were sweet! They totally matched that get-up.
My favorite color's checkered.
Wow those were some horrific pants! I think it is crazy that all the teenagers are shopping in the same department regardless of their gender!
Post a Comment