Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Don't Get It


Last night I was at Brittney's house enjoying a nice game of Dancing With the Stars (DWTS) with Cindi, Stacie, Ashely and Brittney (of course). As the laughter and dancing commenced, we convinced Doug to get into the game. As he picked up the remote I wish that we could have taken a moment to revel in this historic event. For you see, as the game went on Doug proceeded to annihilate each and every one of us. This winning streak was culminated by a shriek (from Doug) and subsequent running through the house with his arms raised in victory. He had taken down Cindi.

This single event make me think "How in the $#&! could Doug be this good at DWTS?"

As I drove home I thought of the other things that do not make sense to me.

  1. A Going Out of Business / Clearance Sale does not mean 10-20% off....I'm talkin to you Circuit City.
  2. When people have found something they are looking for, why do they use the phrase "and it was in the last place I looked", well duh you stopped looking after you found it.
  3. Why do people sing Happy Birthday like it's a death march.
  4. Why would anyone watch the Super Bowl when Throw Mama from the Train is now playing on the CW.

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I dont know about the Wii as we are poor and my hubby wont not pay the house payment in order to buy me a wii I guess we will just have to wait a few years to get one hehee,
I love the random thoughts and agree about the death march. drives me nuts!

BrittneyandDoug said...

Seriously, today we went to Circuit City because now Doug NEEDS Dancing with the Stars...20%!?! I can get electronics cheaper than that on Amazon. (we were unsuccesfull in finding the game, Cindi still has time to practice and beat Doug again).

Tarika said...

I am still in awe on how Doug could kick the crap out of all of you girls...my guess...he cheated. Sean cheats at all the Wii games. And I agree with your random thoughts...especially the Circuit City one. Going out of business would be the 75% off shoes that I got at JMR this weekend...but they aren't going out of business. It was just their sidewalk sale!

John'swife said...

I also love...

"To tell you the truth..."

What? Have you been lying to me up till now???