So to add to the annoyance of last week, Cindi informed me that Warner Bros. is bumping the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to next summer. (Enter explicative here). I thought waiting until 21-Nov-08 was difficult enough now I have to wait until 17-Jul-09. Not only that but to add insult to injury that stupid Twilight movie will be taking Harry's release date. Seriously, what is happening to the movie industry?The biggest bug I have about this is that the Warner executives said the date change was a business decision and not due to any production delays. The recent Writers Guild of America strike had delayed production on some films, leaving a lighter lineup during 2009's busy summer season..... So the ONLY reason for the delay is that they are worried that the movie will not make as much if they release it in November. I think that recent releases (Dark Knight) have proved that the public are more than willing to spend money on entertainment, and if it's really good, they will see it again and again.
Reality Check: Wow, I have been really irritated lately maybe I need to focus on some yoga or something.
Reality Check: Wow, I have been really irritated lately maybe I need to focus on some yoga or something.
8 comments:
Although, I am not a big fan of these movies or books I understand your dread and pain in this. You should look into yoga though...it might be good for your sanity here at work...stupid customers.
WTF, I was so excited when you told me the release date a couple weeks ago! I am still a little excited for Twilight, okay maybe alot! But come on Harry Potter is like a classic! It should come first!
YOu just don't understand Twilight or Breaking Dawn or whatever the crap that crap is..
who is Dawn anyway?
Oh yeah and a movie night is a really good idea. Maybe it should be for Sex and the City DVD release...
I think you are a little angst ridden so yoga would be good for you... or maybe you should just watch some James on TV (shameless, penelope, youtube)
Come On Jenn just drink the kool-aid! Join us! ahhaha
I admit I have read the books but I am far far from obessed with it.
Bryan on the other hand... it is Bella this and Edward that...... hahaha
I think that the real reason that they are delaying it is so they can re-shoot scenes to make harry sparkle!
okay... seriously. You need to blog something. (I'm now the blogging nag).
Post a Comment