Thursday, July 1, 2010

O, Canada


Happy Birthday Canada


Okay, so Canada Day is not really Canada's Birthday it's a national day. This day celebrates July 1, 1867, and the enactment of the British North America Act or Constitution Act. This act united two British colonies and a province into a single country we now lovingly refer to as America's Hat.

In celebration of this day let's all sing the Canadian National Anthem:
O Canada, Our home and native land.
True patriot love in all they sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise.
The True North strong and free, from far and wide
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

And give thanks for some of my favorite Canadian things:
Barenaked Ladies
Ryan Reynolds
Trivial Pursuit
Will Johnson
IMAX
Canada Dry Ginger Ale
Michael Buble (thanks for the reminder Shivy)

3 comments:

Shiv said...

Yes, happy Canada Day!

I did not know Trivial Pursuit was Canadian... but I like it!

It's a great list, and with the addition of one Mr. Michael Buble, I think it's complete!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am so happy you did a post! even if it was about Canada i am just so happy!! hehe
I have a brother in law from canada but he has worked hard to not have the accent that bummed me out, I was looking forward to hearing Eh Hoozer! but nothing! lol

Lamb said...

I love Canada, too! My sister in law is from Canada so I would add her to MY list of favorite Canadian things! O Canada! I am going to be singing that in my head for days now... thanks.