Sunday, May 23, 2010

ReAL LoVE

Whew, it's been a while. And a few of you have been wondering why I have abandoned my blogging ways. Truth is I've been busy, the wireless card on my computer stopped working, blah, blah, blah. This return to the blog-o-sphere can be credited to 1 person, the Blog Nazi, Steve Lamb. That's right I'll calling you out Mr. Lamb!

So here is the condensed version of what's been happening. Christmas, birthday, movies, concerts... usual stuff. However, a new obsession has been added to my world and it can be summed up into 1 word.... ReAL


I have entered into a love affair with the Real Salt Lake soccer team. And while I wish this could be a literal meaning sadly it's only a figurative one.

With a little help of a surprise bonus from work, this passion for the claret and cobalt lead to a surprising occurrence in which I would travel to watch a sporting event. The most shocking part is that I would travel to Seattle, WA by BUS!!! After a 14 hour bus ride with total strangers, Cindi and I checked into our hotel and crashed. The next morning we enjoyed the majestic view from the Space Needle, experienced the sensory overload that is Pike's Place Market, then took a behind the scenes tour of the Seattle Underground. Along the way we meet many fellow soccer enthusiasts, friends and foes. The activities of this single day in Seattle lead to us joining 46,000+ fans in cheering on RSL to their 1st MLS Championship title! WaHoo!

This obsession is all due to Stacie and her ability to convince me to see a soccer game. Now it was in her favor that the first game we attended was against the LA Galaxy featuring Mr. David Beckham (insert yummy noise). This game lead to an interest in seeing others and the purchase of 2009 season tickets. What started as an innocent activity to do something different and watch some hot guys run around a field chasing a ball, lead to an earnest interest in Will Johnson (#8). They get you in with the promise of seeing some sexy athletes and you end up staying for the sport... soccer is tricky that way.

My usual obsessive behavior that comes and goes has taken a permanent residence with RSL. Fifteen times a year from March to October you can find me at Rio Tinto Stadium in Section 36, Row L, Seat 17.

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am so happy your back to blogging I have been feeling a loss an empty sadness......

Katherine said...

Yay!!!!! I have been checking your blog every day (well almost every day) since November! This post is a welcome sight.

I think soccer is one of the best sports to watch. Go Real!

Lamb said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I am so happy right now that OMG seemed too little so, yes you got it written out!! I am so happy right now I think I just wet my pants... nope my mistake I just spilled mountain dew all over me... Anyway, I could not be happier that you blogged and about what else? The Real Soccer team... You have officially rocked my world today and I hope this is just the beginning of your blogging comeback because I know that this is the beginning of a totally new friendship that involves blogs.. And I have officially been called the blog nazi on 2 blogs now... I am a jew people!!

Shiv said...

Waving at you from Section 31 Row B Seat 5 will be yours truly :) And you are welcome to wave at Will, or in my general direction, anytime!

You even got the Blog Nazi to comment on your post. I was like-wise threatened by him, and even though I have since posted - twice - he has yet to comment.