THE GREAT - THE DARK KNIGHT
Well all I can say is that everything you have heard is true, the movie is awesome. Loved it! Every element of the film was perfect and Heath Ledger is brilliant as the Joker. His performance was the right combination of charismatic creepiness.The entire cast is solid. Everyone brought their "A Game", even Eric Roberts. Unfortunately, Eric Roberts "A Game" is equivalent to any other actors "C Game"... oh well. The action is mesmerizing and the best part is that all the right people were killed off.
This movie will go down in my list of Must Movies to see.
THE BAD - HANCOCK

When watching a movie there is a certain checklist that I go over in my head:
Plot - good
Characters - good
Script - fine
Acting - good
Special Effects - passable
Music - fine
Cinematography - WTF????
Why directors think the YouTube / Monkey Cam thing is a good idea I will never understand. This one factor completely ruined the film. I was literally nauseous within 15 minutes. The storyline and acting were good enough to make a okay film but the execution of this was terrible. If you feeling adventurous and decide to see it, slap on a motion sickness patch first.
I'm still shocked that I didn't sneak across the hall to watch Wanted. At least I would have enjoyed my movie experience.
THE FUNNY - STEP BROTHERSFor those of you that were disappointed with Semi-Pro, give Will Ferrell another chance and go see Step Brothers. Thanks to Beau, Stacie and I were able to see a sneak peak of the movie last Monday. After being all but strip searched before going into the theater (stupid Sony and their policies) we were able to sit back, relax and laugh so hard my cheeks hurt.
In the spirit of inappropriate humor this movie delivers. Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly play 2 men that have been spoon fed their whole lives. When their single parents meet, date, and get married, it forces the two "brothers" to live under the same roof. With little intelligence and a lot of competitiveness they both try to out do each other. Until one day they realize that they're best friends. My favorite here was John C. Reilly, he spent most of the movie in his underwear and a T-shirt.
2 comments:
Thanks for the info on Hancock and the brothers one! We should all plan to go see the brother one together, maybe another "Doug night out" :)
Really want to see Step Brothers and I agree with you on the other movies for sure!! I have been bored with Will Ferrell lately so maybe I will give him another shot who knows!?
Post a Comment